Most, if not all, of these frame projects had a small contribution towards the development of the XLR V3.
***A Work In Progress***
There is A LOT of old material to go through – I never realized how much content I had on my old website, so this may take awhile… I will start with a few pictures and then add descriptions.
I never really liked the layouts on any quadcopter frame, so from the very beginning, I was experimenting with different layouts.
After realizing how inefficient quadcopter frames are, I decided to make more drastic changes. After a short amount of time, I never bought any frame kits, I just made my own one way or another. The frame design changed drastically from beginning to end (technically still going), but I wanted to start with a clean slate with no influence by any other existing projects. So far, there have been roughly 30+ projects.
Frame Kit Development
Most frame development was done in CAD. However, I did build a few prototype frames.
Although extremely efficient, quiet, and well balanced, these kits never caught on (one frame was able to hit 203mph). Not only is it impossible to compete with prices of the frames made in China, It is very difficult to make a race frame withstand the abuse they take during a race. This was actually a heartbreaker since this type of race abuse didn’t allow for optimizing the way I had imagined.
I still personally fly these frames. I don’t race so they aren’t abused enough to be breaking all the time.